March 26, 2009

Laissez la bonne biere verser. Beer in New Orleans!

Laissez la bonne biere verser (let the good beer pour) is a fitting motto for the newest brewery in NOLA, whose motto is Laissez les bons temps rouler (let the good times roll).

When I was in N'awlins last October on my book 
tour, I met Kirk Coco, president of NOLA (New Orleans Lagers & Ales) Brewing. They are going to market with two beers, a Blonde and an Brown, and I know they have some tasty-sounding tricks up their sleeves. For Coco's part, he returned home to NOLA after Katrina and saw a need for economic recovery and knew that a brewery was just the thing. His brewmaster is Peter Caddoo, who has enjoyed a long, storied role in Dixieland brewing (including, yes, the Dixie Brewery, which has yet to return to post-K NOLA).

While I will be there for Jazz Fest beginning the end of April, I wish I could be there a month earlier for their launch party including a secondline jazz band and parade. No one makes a party like the Big Easy.


NOLA Brewing Company said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NOLA Brewing Company said...

Can't wait to see you when you come down and give you a tour of the brewery!